Ready to jump-start
Families Forward is a City program—just for parents who owe child support—offering FREE training for good jobs.
After you finish training, Families Forward can also help you look for a better job. And if you want help managing your child support payments or financial issues, Families Forward is here to help with that too.
Take a look at the different Career Tracks below. All training is full-time, Monday through Friday. Come in for an orientation to get started and find the career that is best for you! Email FFD@dfa.state.ny.us or call 929-221-5015 to get more information about the program or sign-up to attend orientation.
Length: 10 weeks
Learn essential maintenance, carpentry, and electrical skills and earn OSHA, Flagging, and Scaffolding certifications.
Length: 7 weeks
Learn woodworking skills, cabinetmaking, and fabrication. Earn an OSHA certification.
Length: 4 weeks
Learn skills through classroom and behind-the-wheel training. Earn a NYS Class B Commercial Driver’s License.
Length: 5 weeks
Learn maintenance and other skills to fill a variety of positions. For NYCHA residents only.
Length: 6 weeks
Learn Low Voltage Cable Installation and earn a BICSI Installer Level 1 Certificate.
How can I apply?
1. Email FFD@dfa.state.ny.us or call 929-221-5015 to get more information about Families Forward or to sign-up for orientation. We can tell you more about the trainings available and confirm you meet the general requirements:
- You have a case with the NYC Office of Child Support for an active child support order
- You are not receiving or applying for SSI or SSDI disability benefits
- You are between 18 and 64 years old
- You can legally work in the US
- You have an individual income below $62,000
- You meet any other requirements for specific Career tracks
2. Attend your scheduled Orientation to learn more about the program. If you qualify to participate, you will be referred to a training provider for assessment.